apple sauce recipe

Add the apple sauce to the hot jars using a canning ladle. I even put it in my hot cereal. We had it while it was still warm and oh my word!! A delicious compote that is heavenly in the caramel apple cupcakes I make, as well as a topping for ice cream, in place of jam, or perhaps paired with a pork roast? This recipe turned out kind of chunky and that's exactly what I was looking for. This has been a 'trade secret' for years, but it's so good I decided to share it! This spicy, bright-red applesauce boasts extra antioxidants (concentrated in the apple skins) and antibacterial activity (in the cranberry juice). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Everyone will love it. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This easy and delicious spiced applesauce slow cooks to perfection. My family loves it. With that said, this is a great basis to work from. This is a great flavor in time for the holidays. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Put the lid on, leaving one corner open. Find recipes to for the stove top, as well as no-cook and freezer versions. Just don't tell anyone how easy it was! My husband likes his applesauce less chunky so I made sure to chop/food process the apples very small. The key is adding a few strips of lemon peel to the apples while cooking. Extra sugar is not necessary with the apple juice concentrate. Delicious with vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt. I used the food processor for 3/4 of this then used a fork just to break up the remaining apples so there would still be large chunks. Reduce the heat to medium-low. I did blend mine in the food processor and I found that it cooked better when I covered the pot with a lid. For years my grandma made this sauce. There is nothing better than homemade applesauce with hand-picked apples, and it is so easy to do! If you want chunky applesauce, use a potato masher to mash the cooked apples. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Combine the apples, sugar, 1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large pot. And I think next time I'd half the sugar but I'm one of those types to not like my food sweet. A must-have recipe for the Jewish holidays or any time! (You might want to start with half the sugar at this point and add more to taste later.) Cover the lid with a folded kitchen towel to catch splatters and pulse until smooth. This bright pink applesauce is simple enough for a weeknight supper and festive enough for special occasions. Everyone who tries it loves it. Stir in the lemon juice and cinnamon. This applesauce is a pretty shade of pale pink because the apples are cooked in their skins. A recipe I always keep on hand. You can substitute Splenda® for the sugar. I used 6 Fuji apples (I tried this with golden delicious and did not like it - I'm going back to Fuji or Cortland next time - the Fuji won't need any sugar) and 1/8 c sugar and probably could have gone without completely. Not to mention it's the perfect counterpart to your favorite potato latke recipe! This applesauce is delicious! – TRL66, "Easy applesauce recipe that uses the spicy cinnamon flavor of Red Hots®. It's a favorite with my family and friends and looks fabulous at a Christmas dinner! The texture is amazing I love the lumpy bits. You can halve it, but will end up with 1/2 a can of apple pie filling. Thank you so much for sharing this! This spicy applesauce requires no added sugar because the apples and spices are sweet enough on their own. Quinces turn wonderfully sweet when cooked and are a great addition to applesauce. My family loves it. "I've made this three times, and it's gone within 24 hours! This recipe was really easy although I needed to use less water (about 1/2 a cup only) because I soaked the apples in water with a little lemon juice to prevent browning although in retrospect I guess it doesn't matter since the cinnamon and cloves are brown:). Also good for any time of the year. It's everyone's favorite, and can even be poured over a block of cream cheese and served with crackers for a fun holiday appetizer. – JenG. It is imporant to rememeber that apples come in various forms. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition As a bonus, cinnamon helps blunt sugar's ability to spike blood glucose. The color is fun too! (Although, it probably wouldn't hurt to put in the entire can.). © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Very simple very easy very TASTY! Remove the air and fill the jars, leaving about a 1/2 inch of space at the top. So good!" Five minutes of high pressure is all you need to get a smooth, fragrant applesauce - the Instant Pot® does all the work! Yum this was really good. It is amazingly delicious, do try it. An easy, quick applesauce recipe. We are moving in a week and so I've been looking for recipes to use up all the food we have. A number of people commented it on not getting it smooth enough. It makes great gifts in decorative canning jars! Reduce the heat to medium-low. Your family will love it. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I didn't have any cloves so I just used 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice that tastes great. A blend of whole berry cranberry sauce, apple pie filling, and sliced pears. Some have firm flesh and others soft. Store leftover applesauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Any way you use it, it's sure to please! I serve it as a side to pork roast or duck. Argentinean-Style Ribs with Homemade Chimichurri. Just a plain and simple applesauce to serve with latkes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. An easy, quick applesauce recipe. Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don't fill too full; split into two portions if needed) until smooth. Ready to serve as soon as you're done, either hot or refrigerated. Thankyou for sharing. Throw the apples, apple juice and lemon juice into a pan and bring it to the boil over medium-high heat. This delicious applesauce combines the best of both sweet apples and tangy rhubarb. It's an easy recipe and i love it! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I did and OH MY WORD was this awesome!! Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook until the apples are very soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Apples are okay, but pears are divine. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Freezes easily, lasts up to one year in a cold freezer. So I decided to experiment and started with the most basic recipe possible. Boil peeled, cored, quartered apples with lemon, cinnamon, sugar, salt in 1 cup water: Place the peeled, cored, and quartered apples into a large pot. The pectin in the apples helps the sauce to set and brings another layer of flavor to a classic recipe. I like my apples tart, so feel free to sweeten to taste. If you prefer smooth apple sauce, run the cooked apples through a food mill. I have doubled it and canned it so we always have some on hand. Agave nectar is a fantastic natural sweetener that is low carb and low glycemic index.

Gnc Cranberry Pills Reviews, Types Of Chemical Equation, Ben Azelart Nationality, Single Malt Whiskey Price, He Died Meaning In Urdu, True Iot Router Wifi, Philippians 4:13 Tpt,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *