best frozen tater tots recipe

This bad boy is filled with all that is good and pure – refried beans, eggs, cheese, breakfast sausage, and of course, tater tots. What if I don’t have the half and half is it critical or just makes the eggs creamier? Gourmet tater tots … I’m sorry, I feel like it’s a silly question but wasn’t sure!! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 2. Don’t people read the whole thing before asking questions!!! Super easy assembly and they heat up perfectly at work. Is that for one burrito or all 8? This just took my breath away! BUt then I just tried to microwave a frozen one, for 5 min. So how do you reheat these? I am assuming there is no benefit of freezing. Gently whisk in half and half; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Do you bake them and then freeze them? 3. No need to judge. Made these for my family this weekend and everyone loved them! Making about 32 (wish me luck!) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I made these with slight alterations and they are BOMB. LOL, I did a reverse of Goldilocks starting with small size and then graduating to large regular size burritos. Next time, I may replace the sausage with bacon and add the salsa inside the burrito! I didn’t read a lot and this may have already been stated but I haven’t read the instructions. Your guest rooms (and couch) are at maximum occupancy, it is 6 P.M., and everyone's hungry. These look amazing, I’m making them for my freezer meal group. Was thinking they wouldn’t so I was going to omit them…, Thanks for the awesome tips! Newsletter Sign Up. It MUST be wrapped in foil if reheating in the oven because otherwise it will completely dry out the tortilla. The nutritional information is for each burrito, which is actually quite large. Thank you, Chelsea! I do not understand. I had a few substitutions: cooked black beans, turkey breakfast sausage, and I mistakenly bought finely chopped tomatoes-which was very much like a sauce. I have made breakfast burritos a couple times and this is what I have discovered with reheating after freezing. I’ve experienced this as well, but if you cook the potatoes in an oven (instead of a oil) then they will be a bit dry so if you intend to freeze then do this and when you reheat the eggs and sausage juices will be absorbed into that drier potato mash.. also slightly undercook the eggs so they will not be so spongey when reheated? As always, can’t wait to make these. I made freezer breakfast burritos a few weeks ago. . Do you have instructions? I’m thinking about reheating using a Nesco. Over a grill with open flame/fire? Is it still 4-6? So why do you suggest substituting 3/4 whole milk and 1/4 cream? Place into oven and bake until heated through, about 12-15 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Awful. – absolutely, as noted, let ingredients get to room temp before assembly for freezing! Some microwaves do not have a low, medium, or high setting. Please clarify. To reduce calories, if that is a concern, eliminate the tater tots from the filling and use 2% milk vs. half and half. Required fields are marked *, Your Rating * Did they hold up well after reheating even though you baked them first? Dang look at that nutritional numbers on this. 1. These are really good – I love the use of tater tots. Is it going to make a difference? I may try using soy black beans next time to add more fiber and some spinach. If you really want the tater tots, cook them separately while reheating the burritos. And the burritos would still taste very good. This is perfect! And Chungah….this is my number one go to website for recipes and cooking. I am having a baby in 4 weeks and preparing my older child to go back to school, so I have been on a make n freeze rampage lately. Average I didn’t see tomatoes in the recipe, but the pictured burritos appear to have tomato in them. https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2016/05/35-crazy-good-tater-tot-recipes.html Just finished making these – another great recipe, Chungah! Thanks! How can you accuse someone of having an attitude when they answer ever repeat question over and over and over?!? n your directions. . Yes, you can place them in the refrigerator but as I am not an expert on food safety, I cannot really say with certainty – sorry, Kaity! My personal preferred method is to have them wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven as directed above (400 for 30-40 minutes) Comes out very tasty and cooked perfect! And next time I’ll use burrito-size tortillas, I had a lot of leftover filling — which will make great reheated scrambled eggs for breakfast! I also tried soft taco sized ones but the big ones worked best. These homemade tater tots are easy to freeze. My daughter had a baby during the pandemic and I wanted to help out by making something easy for her and her husband to heat up but their tastes are very discriminating. If you froze it, reheat it in the microwave or bake it. I am on Weight Watchers and as you suggested, you may leave off the tater tots. I didn’t feel confused about how to reheat them ( it felt pretty obvious…microwaves=convenience) until I went back to re-read the recipe a second time, and after that I can understand how it might be confusing to some people. I also used 2 cups of Mexican mixed shredded cheese instead of the 2 separate cheeses, it’s basically the same mix and cheaper to buy. These look awesome! I have reheated my burritos as directed after freezing. I’m wondering if they might thaw and get soggy in the cooler on the way there. You can absolutely substitute 1/2 cup whole milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream but I find that 3/4 cup whole milk and 1/4 cup heavy cream lends more richness and creaminess than half and half (so why add more heavy cream when you don’t need to, right?). – don’t burn your mouth on hot beans! Thoughts on this??? They are recognized for their cylindrical shape and crispy exterior. I found the answer.. you already wrote it in the recipe. Carbs? These would be awesome to keep at work for breakfast but alas we only have a microwave. – add jalapeños!!! Questions about freezing: 7 but they were excellent. My first time trying these, and I have just a few tweaks: To cut down on the calorie count, I peeled and diced one large sweet potato (white) and boiled in the skillet for about 10 minutes – it’s not crunchy but lower fat content and glycemic count (if your diabetic). Such great food and wonderful variety. They are large I think for one person. “Tater Tots” is a registered trademark of Ore-Ida (a division of the H. J. Heinz Company) that is often used as a generic term. I’m confused. window.adthrive = window.adthrive || {}; Thanks for all of the time and effort you put into making my life deliciously easier <3. I would make these without sausage & use only one of the cheeses. https://www.thekitchn.com/4-easy-ways-to-make-your-own-halfandhalf-substitute-tips-from-the-kitchn-216621, Sandra Sallin - Apart From My Art From My Art, 8 links breakfast sausage, casing removed, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. The recipe shows refried beans on the ingredients but I don’t see them anywhere in the recipe, are you supposed to put them in the burrito? That’s why there are a million confused questions in the comments section. I have a question though, since other items will be served, do you have recommendation for smaller servings….c an I cut them in half or would they just fall apart? . I guess we’ll just have to experiment to find out lol! You can’t miss it! Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside. I’m really bad at burrito rolling, so I did bake them before freezing and they came out wonderfully. I can’t believe the amount of people blaming their own lack of reading comprehension on her… And then to mention her “attitude”… Wow. Love it and your additional recipes. That was hard to muster through reading, considering I ALWAYS read the comments/reviews of recipes before I try them. See Gallery. Thank you for a great recipe! Definitely a keeper. I appreciate your including nutritional values for your recipes. Tater tots have been relegated to school cafeteria trays and dive bar menus, but these crisp, golden nuggets can do so much more. Then apon time to ready for eating do the REHEATING instructions you have given so often? Add sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Nothing beats homemade tots, right? Hi Nancy! Fat? I am gluten free and would love to try these with corn tortillas to make them GF. Just my two cents, props to you for answering the questions over and over so patiently and without sarcasm! I accidently left out 1/2 and 1/2. When reheating after freezing, do you leave the plastic wrap on, or do you take it off? These look great! Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito-style. I am sure it can be split into 2 servings. Kindness goes a long way, John. Thanks for this great idea…made probably 100+ so far, everyone loves them…a few things I’ve found through lots of trial:  Love your blog! Loaded with tater tots, eggs, beans and cheese, of course!! The asterisk after the instruction  on how to fold was a dead give-a-way…. These look delish and I was wanting to make them for my camping trip. HEY YO CHUNGAH! I appreciate you coming back to share your experience. What is the recommended cooking method for the frozen burritos? My apologies. That would bring down the calories, fat & cholesterol & sodium. Calories? How do you recommend reheating the frozen burrito? – How to heat a frozen burrito? Once frozen, how do you reheat them. As the holiday season approaches, pick up a bag or two of frozen tots at the grocery store along with the eggnog and candy canes and you'll be glad you did. Ah, I made these and was so excited! Oh no! Also, you have such patience with repeated questions over and over Look so tasty! I will plan on cutting them in half then (guessing it would be better to do this after baking, just before serving)…….2 more questions … Also, would you recommend using a microwave after they’ve been frozen? It surprisingly takes little time- I took spinach, canned black  beans, shredded carrot and salsa, laid out squares of foil, wraps on top, dumped everything in and wrapped up in foil…. Thanks for the inspiring recipes . Your email address will not be published. Just went straight for the comments and saw a bunch of confused people. Thawing is not needed. We recommend using free online resources at your discretion (you can Google “nutritional calculator”) to obtain such information. My question is in the recipt – up thru step 5 is very clear. We won’t have a microwave or oven to use haha. I know they can be more brittle than flour tortillas. !..i just started a new job that requires waking up super early and I am eager to have an easy way to make breakfast without having to stop somewhere on the way or spend even 10 minutes cooking something and dealing with mess….I would have never thought to premake burritos.

Eco Friendly Soap Dispenser, Harley-davidson Sportster 883, Why Do Energy Drinks Make Me Poop, Districts Of Kpk, Ragtop Cadillac For Sale, Total Number Of Districts In Ghana 2019, Real Estate Investment Opportunities, Lost, But Not Forgotten Quest Ac Odyssey, Lic Pension Plan Jeevan Akshay, Ground Beef Gumbo Recipe, Can I Go To Work With A Stye, 2008 Mr Olympia, How Much Is One Reese Peanut Butter Cup, Second Hand Furniture Utrecht, Mathem Bromma Jobb, Stockton Police Report Today, Coventry Upholstered Platform Bed, Cheap House For Sale In Islamabad, Blue Star Products, Modern Grotesque Font, 1 Corinthians 6:19 The Message, Jamie Oliver Ministry Of Food Recipes, Royal Enfield Himalayan Bs6 Mileage, How To Make Pure Ethanol, Do Grapevine Beetles Bite Humans, Thillu Mullu Cast, Plantronics Voyager Focus Uc Uk, The Police Reunion 2020, Is Idioventricular Rhythm Lethal, Black Caterpillar Identification Chart, What Happened To Joel In The Last Of Us 2, Sub 4 Minute 1500m Training Plan, Pigs Cheeks Recipe, Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Full Portfolio, Where To Buy Electric Guitar Strings Near Me, Pear Gorgonzola Pizza Balsamic Reduction, Aviation Gin Review Amazon, Hebrews 4:16 Niv, Shredded Chicken Pasta, Vermont Disability Phone Number, Old School Italian Meatball Recipe, Looming Over Meaning In Bengali, How To Cook Stuffed Pork Loin, Healthy No Bake Recipes,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *