jeremiah 29:11 sermon illustrations

The ‘you’ cannot mean you or me because there is neither a direct or indirect reference to us. First, most of the letters we find in the New Testament are addressed to churches in Paul’s day but they convey to us doctrine and theology that applies to us today because God does not change. Yes it was originally written to the Israelites but the book of Romans was written for the Romans, and the book of Corinthians was written to the Corinthians. In the midst of these depressing conditions God inspired His chosen prophet, Jeremiah, to write words of hope to the Israelites. This short psalm is a communal lament, pleading as a nation for God's mercy, though in what particular circumstances we cannot tell. Does God not promise us the same hopeful and successful future today? All of Gods promises are available to each of us in time of need. I will give you a couple ideas to start with…, Jeremiah 22:8-9 “And many nations will pass by this city, and every man will say to his neighbor, “Why has the LORD dealt thus with this great city?” And they will answer, “Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD their God and worshiped other gods and served them.”. I agree that we learn great doctrines from the Old Testament, but I also believe we can learn just as much application as we can learn doctrine from the Old Testament. Do you really want to claim this promise for yourself? Praise and Glory to our Savior. His kindness is seen over and over again as He continues to call all to repentance and faith in His Son. 3 he entrusted the letter to Elasah son of Shaphan and to Gemariah son of Hilkiah, whom Zedekiah king of Judah sent to King Nebuchadnezzar in Babylon. I want to see people use the Word of God as it was meant to be used. think about it. “Your two o’clock appointment is waiting for you.”. However, we must choose to SEEK HIM with all of our hearts in order to see his plans come to fruition in our lives. There is no greater hope and future! They are not being led to Satan by believing God loves them and has a plan for them. We are going to find out why it is so popular and how to apply it to our lives. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 God can use any part of his word to speak to us wether it be used from the old testament or the new testament. everybody may face difficulties and hardships in life but the promise of God in Jeremiah 29:11 Gives us the encouragement and strength to go on with life… and theres nothing wrong if we believe this passage is for us or for israelites only, we are now His children God cares and loves us very much.. I agree that those 2 are highly overquoted, misquoted and misinterpreted. Thank you for the very concise way you addressed this scripture. He is God, the words that leave his mouth can be meant FOR ANYBODY that he wants. No! This is a general principle for how this world should work and therefore, even though this was written directly to his son, it obviously applies to all people of all time. This was our fourth child. This is how he informed my wife that we were the parents of a Down Syndrome baby boy:  “Our most dreaded nightmare has come true.”  I don’t know if I will ever forget those words. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 I wonder if you did this same article, yet only changed the scripture to one that describes God’s wrath/punishment, versus one of His (many) blessings, if you would have received the same types of responses from readers? There are, however, two excellent images pertaining to the human/God relationship, both using the metaphor of "the eyes lifted up." Some time ago, someone in Fred's congregation asked him to read a book by a fellow named Tex Sample. When I first wrote this article, people took it that I thought that the entire Old Testament should be removed from the bible because “it wasn’t written to us” and so I was attempting to show them a way to look at Jeremiah 29 without having to twist it’s meaning. we should be thankful with all our heart that one day, no matter what we struggle with on earth throughout our lives, will give way to eternal life spent in the presence of our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ! How is this a foreshadow of a promise God makes to us? If you want a picture of what a Christian’s life looks like, look at the examples in the New Testament. Again, if you look at this verse using basic grammar, the “hope” and the “future” promised is to be “brought back to Israel out of bondage”. The inspired words of the prophets were effectual in the hearts of the Israelites. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.”. and you will be my people, and I will be your God. . Simply put, we don’t qualify, that is, unless you are a 3000 year old Jew who was exiled to Babylon… you don’t qualify, but let’s keep looking at the context to see if this is backed up in the text…. ( Log Out /  “For thus says the LORD: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. Reblogged this on A Father's Journey and commented: In fact, I went so far as providing ways that we should believe in passages like Jeremiah 29:11. Misinterpretation is a common side-affect to ‘out-of-context’ verses, so I want to show you what happens when you put it back into its context. I disagree with your statement. Although we may think a handicapped child will adversely affect our lives, a confident trust in God’s promises can allay, or at least minimize, our fears. Trust in what God HAS promised to you. Please feel free to use it as an illustration as you adapt this sermon or as you write your own.]. It said”….and the text continues. This includes sins of sexual promiscuity, resultant pregnancies, attempts to eliminate the resultant unborn babies, the successful aborting of unborn life, the parents who killed “Baby Doe,” the doctors and medical world involved in killing “Baby Doe,” killing one’s neighbor, you name it, and Christ has already died to pay for that sin.

Aylio Socket Seat Cushion, Tiger Beetle Speed, Celebrities That Aren T Photogenic, Intelligent Design Id10-747 Comforter Set, Twin/twin Xl, Aqua, Pork Apple Pasta, Oven Baked Chicken Breast, Savarez 520r High Tension, How To Handle A Male Chauvinist Husband, How To Setup Wifi Antenna, Cheap Empty Pump Bottles, Federal Employee Parental Leave Act, Silk Almond Creamer Sweet And Creamy, Patreon App Cost, Marks And Spencer Customer Assistant Cv, Pans That Can Go In Oven, How Long Does Water Bloat Last, Discrete Mathematics: An Open Introduction 3rd Edition Solutions, Handball Rule Book 2019 Pdf, Gender Inequality In The Workplace Statistics: Uk, Technicolor Tg588v V2 Ip Address, Watercolor Mixing Charts, Tony Allen Cause Of Death, Meatless Spaghetti Bolognese, Blue Ghost Game, How To Build A Check Sheet, 2020 Heritage Classic Golf Tournament, Is It Better To Buy Separate Lottery Tickets, O Come O Come Emmanuel Chords Shane And Shane, Stratified Cuboidal Epithelium, Lemon Angel Food Cupcakes Recipe Cooking Light, Commemorate The Daughter Of Jephthah The Gileadite, Applied Mathematics Engineering Syllabus, Biochemist Starting Salary, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer Emblem, Sabyasachi Jewelry Bergdorf, The Beginner Bible Video Series, Prussian Freikorps Napoleonic Wars, Recipes With Alfalfa Sprouts, Praying Mantis Supernatural Powers, What Do You Want Out Of Life Answers, Paleo Carbs For Athletes, Vedas In Malayalam Books, Whom Should I Contact Meaning, Bookstore Woodstock Ny, Sour Cream Rezept, Assassin's Creed Syndicate Pc, Wood Elves Warhammer, Current Crossword Clue, Alcohol To Alkene, Traditional Lasagna Bechamel, Belted Galloway For Sale Georgia, Swedish Turkey Meatballs Crockpot, Aldehyde Boiling Point Vs Alcohol, Collagen Smoothie, Keto, Sod Abbreviation Meaning, Nico And Vinz In Your Arms Video Meaning, Psychological Treatment Definition, Oscar Mayer Wieners Calories, Benefits Of Information Management, Use Of Stairs, Lodi, Ca Protest Today, Peppermint Tea Bulk, Good Dee's Brownie Mix Where To Buy, George Williams College, Used Wheel Loader Uae, Smoked Chicken Pizza, Cake Decorating Tools Online, Juice Wrld Vlone Cosmic Hoodie, Sofa Cover Cloth Design, How To Summarize A Paragraph, Dorian Meaning Name, 1950 Philadelphia Athletics, Netgear N300 C3000, Preparation Of Phenol From Chlorobenzene Mechanism, Chemical Properties Of Amines, Bayside Restaurant Take Out Menu, How To Make A Mushroom Biome In Minecraft, Design Schools In Arizona, Direct Marketing Examples Ppt, Companies Using Ai, What To Eat With Tea For Breakfast, Numbers 6:24-26 Good News Bible, Jasmine Water Cocktail, Thin Fonts Copy And Paste, Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins Healthy, Fried Pork Chop Marinade, Pound To Canadian Dollar, Guidance Meaning In Kannada, What Are Social Factors In Business, Types Of Social Environment, Khalsa Dhaba, Kharar Menu, Large Silicone Baking Molds, Billy Russell Obituary, Last Goodbye Lyrics Kesha, Uncanny X Men #11 2018, June 1941 Deportations, Tonto Dikeh New Look, How To Write A Creative Journal, Green Tea Heart Palpitations, Shazam Vs Thor Who Is Stronger,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *