whose exercises possessive

You can change your preferences at anytime using the controls which are available at the bottom of every page of our site. (=Two people have one car.). A1–Elementary English grammar and exercises. By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. When we have two or more people, and each person has one thing, we add ‘s after each person. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. This is Peter‘s father. Whose, possessive 's. 3. By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. It’s Mike’s. Hey, friends! (NOT the father of Peter) 2. In previous posts, I showed you some WH questions and how to use them. When one thing belongs to two or more people, add ‘s only after the last noun. When one thing belongs to two or more people, add ‘s only after the last noun. Possessive pronouns exercise - fill in mine, yours, his, hers, ours or theirs. Reconsider Cookies Plural noun ending in -s + ‘ (apostrophe), Irregular plural noun (NOT ending in -s) + ‘s. ), Subject and object pronouns, possessive pronouns and adjectives, whose, possessive ‘s – Whose is this? ), 8This is Tom's and Jenny's carthe car of Tom and JennyTom and Jenny's car. 9My mums' friendMy mum's friendThe friend of my mum helps me with my homework. My cat‘sears are white. In this post, we are going to learn more about WH questions. You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. 3The pages of the bookbook's pagesbooks pages are yellow. Today, we will focus on who and whose. We use ‘sto show that something belongs to a person (or a pet) or to talk about relationships between people. Change Cookie Consent 1George is my sister's new boyfriendthe new boyfriend of my sistermy sisters' new boyfriend. We use ‘s to show that something belongs to a person (or a pet) or to talk about relationships between people. We use the question word whose to ask about possession. We use of and NOT ‘s when we talk about things (and not people or pets). I am at John‘s. Linkedin. English grammar lesson on-line for elementary level students - An explanation of the use of whose + possessive pronouns with printable exercises. 4This is Hellens houseHellen's housethe house of Hellen. October 30, 2017 - Priscila Pereira. There are two possible forms: When we answer with the possessive ‘s, we can also use ‘s + noun or ‘s without a noun. When we have two or more people, and each person has one thing, we add ‘s after each person. Possessive adjectives and subject pronouns (I/my, you/your, etc. This decision can be reversed. It’s Mike’s. Plural noun ending in -s + ‘ (apostrophe), Irregular plural noun (NOT ending in -s) + ‘s. Use 's to say that something belongs to a person; use 'whose' to ask about this person. Twitter. POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS AND WHOSE .

Take The Shot Meaning, Tea Bag For Skin Abscess, Mid Century Dining Chairs Leather, Modern Cabin Builders, Active Grammar Example, Probability Theory Textbook Pdf, Grilled Chicken Calories, Mastermind Group Cost, Card Games Played In Italy, 5 Foot Conference Table, Catit Magic Blue Litter Box, C3h8 Mass Spectrum, Yoga Events Las Vegas, Crop Top Design 2020, Assassin's Creed Origins Predator Bow, How To Report Foreign Pension On 8938, Enzymes Meaning In Gujarati, Happy Birthday Song In Telugu Lyrics Mp3, Zone Wise Districts In Maharashtra, Cheddar Cheese Prices, Active Voice Examples, Panic Attack Success Stories, Hulk Vs Doomsday, Who Is Stronger, How To Make Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting, 50 Euro To Aud, Ocean Spray Cran-grape Ingredients, Constituencies In Cape Coast, Yum Yum Thai Tucker Menu, What Is Silicon Used For, Best Hair Thickening Spray For Thinning Hair, American Goulash Food Wishes, Himalayan Bs6 Issues, Enchilada Recipe Uk, Newcastle To Sydney Train Timetable, The Forest Crashing Pc 2019, Buckley Salmon Appearance, Pumpkin Scones Healthy, Student Standing Desk, Pear Dessert Pizza, Here And Now Quotes, Karimganj Lok Sabha Constituency, Thick Black Smoke Dream Meaning, Cranberry Juice Benefits Skin, For Sale Granville Sold, Chicken And Eggplant Casserole, Oscar Mayer Wieners Calories, The Art Institute Of Philadelphia Transcript Request, Registration For Assam Financial, Eye Of Eternity Guide, Greek Yogurt Cake, I Got A Job Meaning In Urdu, Sheet Pan Gnocchi Ree Drummond, Assassin's Creed 2 Venice Tomb Open The Door, Fairgrounds Estates Laurens, Sc, Borgo Pignano, Tuscany, Different Types Of Car Paint Finishes, What Kills Bed Bugs And Their Eggs,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *